Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Hold back the demons

Having a vanilla life and a bdsm one intertwined must be fantastic to be that close to living and loving in the fashion that you desire. Commitments clearly defined, roles never change absolute joy would it not. Then there are those who cannot have such dreams on a 24/7 bases. We must battle the demon of desire and want balancing then with what must be.A question on another blog has inspired this post the question put to a couple who share a similar life as I: Why don't you just leave the vanillas you are with and be with the person you want to be with? I do not belittle the question nor the person who asked it It is a good question ,so simple in nature an easy decision is it not. In my case and theirs I would have to say no not easy at all. Not easy to have a life for 25 years then say okay I am tired of this and found what I really want. First of all is it consensual? Even though my wife knew of my desires knew of what I have done the idea was I sleep in her bed when the dawn comes. Nor would this be sane in anyway for my children to understand that Dad likes to spank slaves but never brought a hand against them. Would it be honourable to say thanks for nursing me to health and cleaning me up and have a good life see yah!I know there is one that suffers as I do for the same reasons. Honour holds us apart and a sense of duty to do less would mean that we were not honest with each other from the beginning. So is it an easy question to answer, yes. Is it easy to do , no. Not with society as it is today. I have learnt that this society believes in that saying "you can't expect to have your cake and eat it to".Always negative nothing is possible then what is acceptable to them. No reason to have cake is there? Except for the taste, that one mouthful, it will stir memories of happiness on a somber day and make reason of a cold life. So here is a simple question for those that cannot understand: Is there a difference between Demons, honour and duty?

As for my friends that have shown so much love and caring I hope it is easy for you I hope your love story can continue. I wish for you that the barriers fall and acceptance is there for you. As for the one that asked the question it was a good question just not an easy one to answer.

3 comments:

CLoud said...

Thank you for the comment I have emailed you a quick note. enjoy the weekend

Sir said...

Some famous person said " To true to one's self ".....

Your friends are there for you just remember that...

Sir,
Owner of morningstar

Sue said...

I believe that it is difficult for people to understand the "balancing" that is needed to maintain the lives that many of us live when there are multiple relationships that overlap... Honor is a rare and valuable virtue. Demonstrating it in one's life is a worthwhile endeavor in a world where it is sadly lacking.

swan