Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Saving a life does it change things

Yes I saved a butterfly and it did not rain in Africa that day is it my fault?

It is a nice idea that there is a cause and effect in life but is it true. How much affect on things do we have when we save some thing about to leave this plane. Do we alter the life cycle so drastically that by saving the butterfly I will be responsible for the death of millions. Have I just allowed another dictator rise because he did not die as a child in a flood. Do we only cause evil to arise is there no good that ever comes of it?

Well in one way if I believe that if you save a life you are now responsible for its actions. So if I save someone and they lead the world into peace that is a good thing. What if by doing that we do not develop weapons for space we then are attacked and destroyed by Pink gerbals from space(little green men are so passe) did I do good or not? So should we help no one for fear if we do we will end mankind. So much for the little old lady crossing the street. I have always stretched out my hand and will again if I see some one who needs my help. I hope the help stirs them to greatness that we can all live happily in.

Back to that butterfly if after I left, it flew off into a waiting birds beak then so be it got more time than it would have in the ocean. However, if it survived and had children it might recount one day of this crazy human that swam out and saved a butterfly. The story will be passed on and on. It will change from one to thousands the hero will be bigger and stronger and I will be in some small way will be remembered. So if the butterfly out lives the human would it not be nice to live on and be a hero to some one, like a butterfly and those butterflies that came afterwards?

No comments: