Thursday, March 16, 2006

I am tagged

Recently Masters pet and Master tagged me with the challenge of writing Haiku. I seldom play tag , but this time it was interesting. Haiku writing poetry that does not rhyme but has rules and structure, sounds like a bdsm lifestyle to me, so I sent minion in search of the rules. minion came back with this explanation to me.

Three lines 17 syllables maximum, no rhyming no metaphor's. The first two lines are different but relate to the last line . First line has 5 syllables the second 7 and the last 5. Of course the 5-7-5 rule had to be followed as it was a pure form. A side note Master Haiku who was famous did it in 3 lines 9 syllables. My minion came up with the comparison of the days of the beatniks in smoke fill coffee houses reciting words that had no rhyme and little structure. My mind wandered to a Dojo in Japan , smoke fill of course, with samurai in sun glasses listening to a solitary drum beat and words by Master Haiku.

I digressed, writing words that do not rhyme, follow a structure and have to mean something at the end is not easy. First of all you have to count syllable which for me meant clicking my fingers for minion it was clapping. I will not say what sweet words I spoke but will post my Haiku:

To Master and his pet my Haiku

In Darklight we thought
minion heard what I spoke of
Master Haiku cries

Now to translate picture a Master of violin listening to a 5 year old child play a screeching note for the first time while the boys friend sits in adoration of the symphony that his friend is performing. Great thanks for the hours of torture that minion went through listening to me and this was torture no pain slave could take for long yet she sat listening smiling. Yes it was sort of fun drifting back into the fifties and sixties, sitting listening to words and drinking coffee again, of course I was not very old as a matter of fact I will not admit to even being in a coffee house, okay morningstar stop smiling

Now for tag well: Morningstar and Sir I have not played tagged in a long while with friends so you are tagged and minion why should you not have the opportunity of writing haiku and yes I will listen to your sweet voice minion as long as there is coffee involved.

No comments: