Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A day of thinking I think

It is funny how the western world regards evil as something that must be vanquished. The oriental world sees it as necessary without it there is no good. Western and I include Europe in this all conclude that Dragon are evil creatures of the devil. Workers of magic in the devil's bidding. For the oriental world well they think of them as bringers of luck. Perhaps the ying and yang of this world is the Western and the oriental worlds
I have to go along with the oriental world we need both. A book called Buddhism the way of the warrior, States we must fight evil in all places we find it. Do not look for evil in the faces of the beautiful or the hideous instead first look for it in the reflection of the mirror. So if it is part of us all. I guess that means at least to me that we can't be all bad. We must constantly measure all that we do and say so that the battle will be even.

Gilbran says of good and evil:

"Of good in you I can speak ,but not of the evil. For what is evil but good tortured by it's own hunger and thirst. Verily when good is hungry it seeks food in the darkest caves and when it thirsts it drinks even of dead water.
For a house divided is not a den of thieves; but a house divided."
He goes on to say :
"You are good when you strive to give of yourself. Yet you are not evil when you seek gain for yourself"

By his statements I would have to say he does not believe in evil just good looking out for it's self. Again much more of the oriental way of thinking then the Western. I feel that balance is important when you are out of balance all goes wrong . So for me balance is a form of ying and yang we must be a little evil and a little good from time to time and just enjoy it as it is part of who I am.

Now for the reason I wrote this blog : " I just liked the pictures" I hope you enjoyed them and if not well that is my evil side just bugging you a bit.

No comments: