Monday, August 08, 2005

Bruce Lee

I was watching a movie tonight and realized something. I had coffee with an old friend and the discussion fell into that my expectations of people are too high or really that I do not give them much of a chance. Which to me means that I accept people for what they say they are I do not ask for proof other than them being able to perform up to the level that they say they can. If my only contact with Bruce Lee was his movies would I be able to accept him as a true master of his arts? In the movies his kicks were to the head not a place aimed for by those into the martial arts. In his book it was a different thing his movies only showed he had the speed to do what he said in the book so I do not need to fight Bruce Lee to know that I would not last long. His movies have shown me that he has the skill that he wrote about he just altered it for the masses and to sell films.

I believe that all you have to judge a person at first is their words and so honesty is very important to me honesty with me and with themselves. So yes morningstar I do judge quickly when people do not live up to their bravado and I do not give them much slack. Then again people who show themselves by deeds and actions I hold close and will fight to keep them as friends. So yes I do discard quickly, and it might mean that I will not find all that I look for but I have found friends in you and your Sir far more important to me than those who do not live up to their own expectations.

Now as far as time off from the lifestyle yes I will relax my efforts however I do have a new friend and we will see how that evolves. As for not having coffee with you, pish posh that I would not give up nor would I stop communicating with your Sir just means I will listen to the birds a little longer not a secret garden but maybe quiet place where dreams are easier to realize or maybe the dreams are less complicated.

1 comment:

morningstar said...

i understand your analogy between what we discussed and Bruce Lee.. it was a good one!! my only point was that given time perhaps MJ and ML would have been able to give the level of pain you seek..... but i didn't know Them as well as you...... and certainly you would be the best judge of where They actually were in the lifestyle... it was just one of those fleeting thoughts i get from time to time..... hope you didn't take any offense.. none was meant...

and i am very glad we will stay friends during your sabbatical :) The one thing Sir will tell you is that i struggle with change.. and so am struggling a little bit with your "sabbatical" .. staying friends will be the constant i need. :) and yes i do believe and recommend even time to stop .. sit back and take stock of where one has been and where one is going... :)

i am glad i call you "friend"