Monday, December 31, 2007

My , My we do rush around

I am sitting with a cup of tea yes I know very old fashion . It is not a mocka coca gino it is just tea. Very hot water pour over leaves of a plant. You have to wait for tea as it is not a science it is taste. The leaves are of the same weight but not every cup of tea is the same. There are recipes for tea but there is always a variation of the taste. Many of the marketed ideas on what we should drink or for that matter have or put as important in our lives. Perfection was once a matter of one's own taste now it is so dependent on what we are told is perfection or as a neighbor has just said to me you gotta get this, every one else has one.

Now as I sit here with my tea , I had a flash back to child hood. On this the seventh day of Christmas I would ask myself you would be the last. No morbid minds now, who would be the last to turn off their Christmas lights. Now if I listen to the advertisements well Christmas ended already Boxing Day was on the 22 of December as that was the day the boxing day sale started at Best Buys. My horticulture group did email, telling me I was late ordering my spring flowers.

So what happened to the rest of Christmas. The song did have 12 days in it did it not? Have we now force all that is Christmas into one or two days? Why do we rush to these periods with such Joy and fear then not allow ourselves to enjoy them. No we must prepare for the next event we must buy what they tell us to we must!!!!!!!! we should just enjoy the preparation and the event not rush through it because there is another behind that one. Imagine if a Marketer was a Dom. It would be untying the bondage knots before the ropes had chance to leave the slightest of marks that they were there. Now where is the fun in that.

Well back to my tea and the hunt for a new slave?

No comments: