Thursday, December 28, 2006

Shopping a simple experience

It is supposed to be a simple experience is it not. You choose something you give money or plastic. The purchase is bagged you exchange pleasantries and leave. First I should have known the night would not go right from the start as it would mean that I would have my wife alone with me for more than 5 minutes this holiday season.

Not to be as my daughter rushed in the door saying the bus never came so we had to drive her to work in the opposite direction of my shopping trek. Half way to her work and stuck in traffic she called her work to advise them and they said it was quiet and to stay home. So off through the traffic back to the shopping center we drove. AN hour and a half to go to a center that takes us fifteen minutes max.

Now of course everyone is hungry so we ate no we cannot just grab a burger no a full meal. Then to the shopping mall. I was astonished I found what I wanted in two minutes. I was at the cash ready to pay when the clerk said that is the french one and then told me there is no English it is the West Island and we are sold out unlike Anjou that has only English ones. A pause here in thinking have been in retail would you not make a switch or transfer some or perhaps your buyer might think about geographical locations. Back to the story of my night.

Disappointed I said I will go to Sears and see if they have the phones that I wanted. After complains about boot being too hot or muscle cramps from those I was shopping with I found the phones on sale wow. No clerk in sight. I went to the next department only to be told that the discount was only available at the electronics section . after waiting for a harassed individual Scan the item and low and behold the wrong price. So I said well you owe me an extra ten percent off. He said Sears does not do that . I said it is provincial law it does not matter what Sears wants it is a law. I ask to speak to the store manger, he is not in tonight when the next one , there is no one sir. At this time I started to chuckle SO there is not a person in the store that is responsible, yes sir that is correct. What is your store manager's name , I do not know Sir..

Well murder is still a chargeable offence so I left the store and came home for a coffee and a quiet night when I arrived both my son' s decided to have friends over. I ran for my den the tranquil state of medieval babes and somber lighting when I sat down my chair fell over as on of the wheels had fallen off and had not been replaced by my son, and the shower overflowed and water leaked into my son's bedroom. Yep that was my simple shopping tour for a friend's gift that I am going out alone to do tomorrow morning.

Off course if I believed in things I could blame this all on that Christmas tree but of course there is no such thing as tree gremlins is there!

5 comments:

milla said...

Um, crikey, to use an Australianism. That sounds like a nightmare. Breathe deep. (I think tree gremlins exist, i'd suggest a potent combination of ammonia and bad Australian charcoal meat to ward them off) ;) Glad to see You back.

--{milla}

morningstar said...

and You know what my Sir would say.......


BAHHHHHHHHH HUMBUGGGGGGGGGGGGG

giggling furiously .. gotta love families dontcha??? i can't wait to hear how Your Christmas dinner went... i will admit to thinking of You a lot on the 24th while i carved our turkey and doled out the dressing and trimmings....

see Ya soon

morningstar (owned by Warren)

Sir said...

Report Sears to the Provincal government department and Sears will be fined and charged..

Sir,
Owner of morningstar

Anonymous said...

Ah!!! This is what I like about Montreal... English items in the French part of the town... French ones in the English one... LOLOLOL...
It is like someone somewhere wants us to be all mixed up...ROFL!
SeaRabbit

Anonymous said...

too bad murder is a chargeable offense...

happy holidays!

butterfly
sylver@one more day
jaime @ www.fictionscribe.com