Friday, August 24, 2007

Sitting under a tree


Today I sat under a tree. I did so without thought as I used to as a boy. I sat there without great thought. Just bent my knees and sort of fell into place with my back against it. I did not check to see if any animals had left me presents of the squishy kind. Nor did I worry if this tree had been used as a urinal for some dog. The tree never voice objection to the urination why should I. The birds did not plop the squirrels did not drop their nuts on me.

There were no bells or whistles to answer nor emails to respond to I just sat. The problems of the world were not contemplated nor solved the question of deity and devils were not debated.

Some ants used me as a bridge. The grass was pricklier than I remembered and the ground damp, from the rain but I just sat. No thoughts of naked slaves hanging from trees nor sexual service being given. No new tortures thought about. I just sat.

You see even an evil mind such as I, can take time off and enjoy one of the last days of summer, well at least for a few minutes now can we talk about naked slaves hanging from .......

No comments: