Saturday, August 18, 2007

Can you serve two masters

Why can't I have two Doms? When a sub asks this of me I think about and old movie,Cool Hand Luke with Paul Newman. Paul is a prisoner in the south. He is being punished by having to did a ditch. As he gets close to the specification given him by one of the guards another approaches. He tell Paul that he is getting dirty in his yard and to put it back in the hole. Paul tries to tell him that the yard boss told him to do it but to no avail so he returns the earth to the hole. Just as the hole is almost filled the yard boss comes along and guess what.

Mastering some one brings on many deep emotions ones that may not be seen by the sub or others but it is there well after the slave has moved on.Because of distance or timing I have had to give up slaves yet I always have worries when I do. Mainly cause I am no longer there to protect or at least guide.

Ling was one she was upset at me when I gave her away to Sir Michael. Had he come from the same training as I perhaps it would have worked. He could give her the things I could not but he could also give her things that I could and being he was there and I here, I felt it was just better to give her journey one direction. She wanted to have both of us, the comfort of the old Master and the vitality of the New. The lifestyle is an ordered place for me , I do believe at least my early training was based on chivalry honour and the idea that it was a two way street. Some one served you you served some one . It was a house based on med evil times. SO there was only one master with other Dominants in the house but he was in charge. In that house all slaves served their Dom but also were in service and controlled by the Master. This only works it the other Doms can accept the Master's way.

Now a days I find many things have changed. Doms do not want to think that they serve or give homage to some one else. They do not want to think that their slaves do not see them as the ultimate power in the Universe.

Which way is best I do not know and will ponder some more and watch how the world unfolds.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In our new world, anyone will tell you that if you can have more than one sub, why the sub can't have more than one Master?
For my part, as one Master have already problems to deal with me, I would be quite puzzled that He felt the need for some more... and if I was younger, I would maybe wonder why I can't have another master... to fill the blank... but as I do not have any need for another Master, and any wish either... we are quite ok that way...
The key is that the world is vast and everyone can make what they want out of it...