Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Questions

I was asked the other day what is bdsm? Yes I had a good laugh and then said it is a lifestyle based o control, rules, protocols and old fashion punishment. I smirked once more for there is no set rule, protocol nor are the punishments old fashion.

A rule is set in society to govern a majority of people. It is meant to allow groups of individuals co-exist without someone murdering some one else. It does not always work but it is the best thing we have. What is the rule in the lifestyle ? Should you talk to twenty people as a Domme friend of my said on Sunday you will get twenty different rules

Protocols or a set way of doing things , there are protocols for experimenting with radiation they are strickly followed and there is only one set . In the lifestyle well again there is no book of rules and protocols and what is to be done when and how just does not exist. Far more than a way of life it is many ways of life.

Old fashion punishments were the whip, the cane , flogging and my favorite humiliation . Some forms of bondage. The rest were tortures. All were non consensual. So I think the only thing that comes close to an overall connection would be the consensual part. I have friends that I look at them and say that is not my style I would not allow that by my slave or sub. Others I consider to be very extreme and probably not do.

So what is my point? Well considering that we are one side of control or the other We are a bunch of anarchists.

No comments: