Friday, September 28, 2007

The vunerable ruler

We are such beasts of control strength and leadership. We stand barking orders and inflicting our will on all that submit. Yet should one that submits tell us it is not perfect we view them in error how dare they think of other things. Yes you are right I have come back from seeing King Lear and I am amazed on how I worry that I am that character. One that does not use all the recourses to make good decisions. It is simple to say this is my way or this is how I do it. Those words I learn from a barman . If they do not like the drink just tell them that is how it is made here and they will not be able to say anything.

Perhaps in the day of slaves bought and sold against their will it might be worth something but in days of consensual agreement it is a steppingstone to failure in my belief. SO then the Dom is vulnerable to the critique of others in his position but the one that carries most weight for me is the slave. So their thoughts on a session or of the lifestyle are paramount to me to see how I should bring them along in a journey. Failure in the realm of missing their expectations looses you a good slave. Communication is so important to me that they can speak their mind at anytime. The only punishment would come from rudeness , being derogatory or impolite. The last would be for speaking of things that should be only spoken between Master and slave.

We are so vulnerable when we fail expectations that we some times run for the shelter of I am the Master. We stop what we think is in error without seeking what the problem is. Like little boys fallen out of favor we dig our toes into the dirt repeating under red faces that we are right they will see. Al it would take to bypass the indignation of being human would be to listen and understand what the sub is saying or doing . After all some times a stern look is too much and other times a beating too little!

No comments: