Friday, February 24, 2006

A name

I have read comments and blogs that have taken up my questions about a name for my slave and whether or not it is important to the slave? I thank you all for your comments. I see that the word collar is extremely important to subs as it shows a great commitment from both Dom and slave. Due to personal situations, we cannot commit to that permanence suggested with a collar.

A collaring for me means permanent markings and piercings. It means that we would alter our lives accordingly, which at this time would disrute our vanilla lives. I wish to demonstrate my commitment - an engagement you could say. That is why I will give her a name and why she will be able to write in a fashion that she is owned.

The interpretation of words have been difficult from the time we developed language. In a wolf pack, the grunts and growls explain in simple terms what they mean -- there is no double meaning. If you are in a forest and a Grizzly comes at you standing on its hind legs and growling, the growl means one thing -- you are food. So I wish it understood by k as the reason I will call her by this name.

minion
Etymology: Middle French mignon darling
a person or thing that is preferred over others
a servile dependent, follower, or underling

one highly favored
a subordinate or petty official
An obsequious follower or dependant; a sycophant.
A subordinate official.
One who is highly esteemed or favored; a darling.

ob·se·qui·ous

obsequious adj.

Full of or exhibiting servile compliance; fawning.

That is my minion of Darklight. I cannot say in better words than these .

1 comment:

Sir said...

This name is going to take a bit of time to get use to, so do forgive Me... Although I must say it is better than " CLoud's prize "

May she live up to her new name and position...

Sir,
Owner of morningstar