Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My first munch

I attended my first munch in the year 1999. It was held at Moven Pic. I remember going into the area finding a bar armed with a glass of red wine in hand . I had never been to anything in a vanilla setting that involved the lifestyle .
as I approached the area I remember seeing two men one six foot three and the other both bald an dressed in black under six feet in a heated discussion at the door of the area where I was to meet up with the munch group. Seeing the group inside I thought well I felt anxious. I sipped my wine and continued inside. The first munch was horrible for me. I knew no one , did not seem to have common ground with anyone I was sitting with and felt well it was an experience I would not repeat any time soon like a week after the devil found out I was dead then I would go to a munch again.

The following month I was working on a Sunday and was in the area so what to hell I would have supper downtown see if my first feelings were right or not. Since then I have not missed many and have great friendships that developed through the munch.


so why what is the point of this blog ? I was invited to a cocktail party last Friday. What a pleasant way to pass a Friday evening. I went through great trouble to get friends to go with me and getting there to the club was not easy nor the navigation of the club itself to find the party. The idea of a cocktail party filled with conversation and low music died at the door of the club. as littleone said in her blog I felt like I was at a high school dance only I was no longer the student I was the chaperon. I felt old and said that night to myself that I did not belong there this was a new thing for young people not for an old fart like myself. It was nice that they invited me but just was not for me. While I was off kayaking this weekend I remembered who made the munch special for me was the mix of old and new that was there . The stories that Captain told or the European flavor of Kay the devilish nature of Sir and littleone , Lady Greyeyes, Pierre and Catherine known for their appearance on Kink fame. They made the minches not only good but important for me to attend.

So it might not be easy for me to talk over loud music and harder for me to hear I have decided to attend the next cocktail party for a variety of reasons. As they are younger than I they might enjoy my stories and thoughts. You never know where or when you will meet the perfect slave that you always wanted or perhaps more important I might meet the slaves that needs what I can give. Hopefully I will find new friends if not at least learn a couple of new tricks.

Not everyone's cup of tea and I will not drag anyone out to it but I feel it is important to keep and give support to this event so yep I will blindly trip over waiters and smile even though I might not have a clue what was said as long as my presence makes some one happy then I will be there.

No comments: